What are the techniques for prolonging the service life of frequency converters
With the continuous improvement of industrial automation, frequency converter has also been widely used. Factory electricians work with frequency converters almost every day, but are we completely right about the use and understanding of frequency converters? Here we will learn about the skills to extend the life of frequency converters?
1. Ambient temperature: When the temperature is too high and the temperature varies greatly, it is easy to condense inside the frequency converter, especially when the device is turned on again after the equipment is closed. Due to the power failure of the converter, the temperature of the converter is cooled. When the moisture in the air is cooled and attached to the circuit board, shell and bronze plate, its insulation performance will be greatly reduced, and even short-circuit accidents may occur. If the dust inside the converter accumulates more at this time, and the maintenance can not be cleaned up in time, the failure rate of the converter will be high, and even multiple devices may be damaged at the same time. It directly leads to the shutdown of production.
2. The working temperature of the converter: The internal part of the converter is a high-power electronic component, which is easily affected by the working temperature. Excessive or low temperature will lead to abnormal operation of electronic components. In order to ensure the normal operation of the frequency converter, it is necessary to ensure that the inverter cabinet has a good ventilation and heat dissipation system, and the cabinet's inlet and outlet are not blocked to ensure the normal operation of the fan.
3. Vibration and shock: Because the internal electrical connection of the converter is usually screw connection, the connection between the circuit boards is also a connector, such as the large vibration of the converter, which easily leads to poor contact of these components.
4. Dust: Frequency converter is not suitable for working in dusty environment. Because the frequency converter itself relies on forced air cooling, dust is more likely to cause the blockage of the frequency converter cooling fan, even if the fan is burned, dust will block the heat. The air duct enables the heat to be discharged in time. Frequency converter heat dissipation is not good, the working temperature rises, resulting in overheating of frequency converter alarm shutdown. In serious cases, the converter will be damaged directly.
5. Power supply: Abnormal power supply can be roughly divided into three types: phase-missing, low-voltage and over-voltage, which directly lead to the inactivation of the converter. These abnormal phenomena are mainly caused by transmission lines, sometimes by short-circuit to ground, inter-phase short-circuit or start-stop of high-power equipment in the same power supply system. In addition to voltage fluctuations, there are also three abnormal phenomena in some power grids or self-generating units: short-circuit to ground, short-circuit between phases or frequency fluctuations of start and stop, sometimes recurring in a short time. In order to ensure the normal operation of the equipment, the corresponding requirements for the power supply of the frequency converter are put forward.